from Jeff Calden
- The First Grading Period ends today: Friday, October 6.
- Teachers have the weekend and Monday to complete grades.
- But some teachers may close their gradebooks sooner than Friday.
- When an individual classroom gradebook closes for the grading period is up to the teacher.
- Teachers will let students know when the gradebook for their class closes.
- Administration will freeze and store grades on the Tuesday, October 10th.
- Eligibility is declared on Wednesday, October 11th. Starting that day, students who do not meet eligibility may not longer participate in any activities that require eligibility. Students who were ineligible become eligible on this day if they have meet requirements for the first grading period.
- Progress Reports will be put in the mail on Friday, October 13.
All Sophomores will take the PSAT for Free next Wednesday, April 11
Cougar Club has a $4,000 Donations Goal which will be matched by an Anonymous Donor!
Thank you to the several parents who have already donated to the Cougar Club donation drive. We are pleased that in the first few days we have already raised $1,200 in donations, so we are over a quarter of the way there to meeting our goal of raising $4000, which will be doubled by an anonymous donor. We need your help to raise the rest and are asking each family to consider donating $20-100 (or more) and each donation will be doubled. All the money goes to support programs that benefit your children.
The Cougar Club sponsors many important programs for the students at San Lorenzo Valley High School including college preparation and career readiness programs, college bus trips, and enrichment workshops and movies on topics such as financial responsibility and mental health awareness. We have a number of requests from teachers, such as a distillation kit for chemistry classes and a new printer for graphic design classes. To keep these valuable programs going and support these teacher requests we need your support.
It’s easy and tax deductible due to the help of the San Lorenzo Valley Education Foundation. Go to www.slvfoundation.org/fund-education, scroll down to the SLV High School Cougar Club, and select the amount you want to donate. Donations of any amount are appreciated. You can also make a donation via check or cash to the “Cougar Parent Club” this can be mailed to the school (7105 Highway 9, Felton 95018) or dropped off at the office. Parent support and donations are what allow the Cougar Club to continue to provide programs and services to help ensure the success of our students, our teachers and our school.
Teacher Support for Students After School and Lunch
The Departments at SLVHS have begun to offer After School and Lunchtime support to students who are struggling and/or need to makeup work.
Teachers will assign students to get support for success. Students may also ask their teachers to come to get help.
The opening schedule is below. Additions and Changes may be added in the coming weeks.
Please help us to support your child’s academic success by having them attend when assigned.
|ELA||Lunch—Sutcliffe ERWC (starting November)
After School—Poetzinger 104 Second Semester Only
|Lunch—Conger H102||Lunch—Sutcliffe ERWC
|Math||After School—Yurkovich Math 1 D5||After School—Yurkovich Math 2 D5|
|PE||After School—Wise/Coulson dates as announced by teachers.|
|Science||After School—Bio/Ag Bio B3/B4
After School—Chem./Physics B1/E8
|SPED||After School—All Subjects 10/17 D3||After School—10/25, J3
After School—All Subjects 11/8, J2
After School—11/29, J3
After School—All Subjects 12/6, J2
|After School—All Subjects 9/21 D3|
|World Languages||Lunch—French G4||Lunch—Spanish E1/H202||Lunch—Spanish H104||Lunch—Spanish E1/H202||Lunch—Spanish H104|
Schedule for the Week of October 9-13
Early Release Day – Dismissal at 2:01
|Vision and Hearing Screenings
|PSAT at SLVHS|
|Gallup Poll taken during 2nd period
Progress Reports Mailed Home
Below is a flyer for the upcoming Triple P Workshop that will be held at the SLVE multi use room on October 17th from 3:30-5:00pm.
This workshop, in the series, will be “Coping with Stress – Learn ways to recognize, reduce and manage stress.”
Athletic Boosters Now Selling Year-Long Memberships!
A booster membership helps support all SLVHS student athletes.
For Sale at the Gate or Door
Credits cards, checks and cash accepted at the gate. Check or money order only through the mail.
Mail to : SLVHS Boosters Membership P.O. Box 616 Felton, CA 95018
Flyer attached to this email.
Admits 4 people to all home games excluding playoffs
Admits 2 people to all home games excluding playoffs
Admits 1 adult to all home games excluding playoffs
High School Students should purchase an ASB card, which allows them free admission to all home games and discounted admission to away games.
SAT Prep. Workshop – October 14th
- A special SAT Prep. Workshop will be held on Saturday, October 14th starting at 8am in the MPR.
- Spaces are limited and cost is just $20 because of the support of our Cougar Parent Club.
- To RSVP go to Ellen in the Admin Office to sign up before October 6th!
- Hosted by the San Lorenzo Learning Lab
Personal Statement Workshop – October 7th
- This Saturday, October 7th, starting at 10:30 and another at 12:30
- Location: County Office of Education
- To RSVP, click here.
PSAT Testing Day – October 11th
- Sign Ups for the PSAT are still Open, don’t delay.
- Juniors go to Ellen in the Admin. Office with $20.
- Sophomores see Charlotte in Counseling.
- Sign up ASAP so that you can study before the test!
FAFSA Help Workshop – October 25th
- Workshop will be at 6:30 pm in the High School Library
- FAFSA Application opens October 1st
- Application can be found by clicking here.
- Will need:
- Student’s Social Security # and 2016 Tax Information
- A FSA ID (For Both Student and Parents)
- Last year, students whom applied for FAFSA received over 2 MILLION in aid, so get your application in early (and off your mind).
College Awareness Week – Oct. 30th – Nov. 3rd
- Activities will be held during this week relating to the various colleges, so stay tuned!
- HS Teachers and Staff are encouraged to wear their College Shirts!
College & Career Night @ Cabrillo – October 30th
- 6 to 8pm at Cabrillo College
- Financial Aid Workshops and other workshops to be offered.
- Extra Credit Opportunity! If you go to C&C Night, complete the following worksheet and turn in to Charlotte, you will be able to get a few extra credit points in one of your classes.
- There is a free taco coupon for all those that attend and bring back their worksheet :)
- For more information on the evening, Click Here
SLV Music Drive for Schools Fundraiser
NAMI Mental Health Session Opportunities for Families
Below are some helpful links and contact information for SLV High School students and parents:
SAN LORENZO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
7105 Hwy 9, Felton, CA 95018
Phone: (831) 335-4425
Fax: (831) 335-1531
Attendance Line: (831) 335-3646
Congratulations to our SLV High School Student of the Week