Principal’s Message from Jeff Calden
Bells Schedules for the Last Week of School
Powder Puff Football
Come see the annual SLVHS Powder Puff Football Championship today at 3:30 pm on the Football Field. See if our Seniors can prove themselves the best in the school against the formidable squads put forward by the Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen classes. Always a great showcase of athletic talent and skill. See you there!
Senior Check-out Day
Monday is Senior Check-out Day.
ALL SENIORS MUST BE AT SCHOOL ALL DAY
Seniors will need to get their Senior Checkout Form signed off with grades by all teachers and then signed off by Leslie as the Senior Counselor.
Any Seniors with an Incomplete or an F on their sheet will be STAYING AT SCHOOL on Tuesday to work toward Graduation and will not be going on the Senior Trip. As fun as the Senior Trip may be, it is not as important as Graduating from High School.
The Big List of End-of-School Events is Here
Below is a list of End-of-School-Year Events from now until Grad Night.
|June 8 (Fri)||Powder-puff Games – Football Field 3:30 pm|
|June 11 – 14||Undergraduate Finals Week|
|June 11 (Mon)||Senior Check-Out Day|
|June 11 (Mon)||Senior Sunset Football Field – 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm|
|June 12 (Tues)||Senior Trip to Great America and Dave & Buster’s.|
|June 13 (Wed)||Graduation Practice – 1:00 PM -3:00 pm – Football Field (Mandatory)|
|June 14 (Thu)||Graduation Practice – 10:00 AM-12:00 pm – Football Field (Mandatory)|
|June 14 (Thu)||Last Day of School!!!|
|June 15 (Fri)||Graduation Day!!!|
|Senior Breakfast – 8 :00 – 9:00 am – Senior Lawn|
|Graduates Line Up for Processional – 9:00 am|
|Graduation Ceremony begis at 10:00 am SHARP|
|Diploma Pickup – After Graduation in the Counseling Office|
|June 15 (Fri)||Grad Night: 8:30 pm – 3:00 am|
Are You Moving Away this Summer? Different School Next Year?
If your family is moving out of the area this summer or if your child will be attending a different high school next year, please contact the High School Counseling Office at 335-4721 to let us know. We would be happy to provide assistance with records for your child’s enrollment in a new school.
SLV High School 2018 Parent Survey Below is a link to our annual Parent Survey. Please take some time to fill it out for us.
We do discuss the results as a staff and use the information as we plan for the future.
Schedule for the Week of June 11 – 15
|Monday||June 11||A||Regular A Day – Regular Release Time 2:49
Senior Checkout Day
|Tuesday||June 12||O||Minimum Day Finals – Periods 0 / 2 / 3 12:10 pm release|
|Wednesday||June 13||E||Minimum Day Finals – Periods 0 / 5 / 4 12:10 pm release
Mandatory Graduation Practice – 1:00 – 3:00 pm
|Thursday||June 14||O||Minimum Day Finals – Periods 1/6 12:10 pm release
Mandatory Graduation Practice – 10:00 am – Noon
|Friday||June 15||E||No School – Graduation – 10:00 am on the Football Field
Attention Juniors and Parents of Juniors!
2018-19 Senior Portrait Information for Next Year
Van Zantes will be the SLVHS photographer for 2018-19. As this studio will be providing the photography for the yearbook, all incoming seniors will need to have their photograph taken by a Van Zante’s photographer to be included in the yearbook’s senior class pages. Appointments are necessary.
This year, for the Class of 2019, The Van Zantes are offering three session choices:
- Free Yearbook Only SESSION: a head and shoulder session in one outfit taken at the high school, during select dates offered between June 25th-29th and August 6th-10th only. Parents and/or students will view a minimum of 6 images right after the session, and choose one for the yearbook at that time. Come dressed and ready for photos. Allow 10-20 minutes of your time.
- $30 SESSION: a head and shoulders to hip length session in one outfit taken at the high school, during select dates offered. Parents and/or students will view 15-20 images online, purchase and choose one for the yearbook. (Yearbook images are cropped to head and shoulders for a consistent head size.) The $30 session fee will be credited to online purchase of photos for the first 2-week viewing only. Come dressed and ready for photos. Allow 15-20 minutes of your time.
Appointments for the above options are offered between June 25th-29th and August 6th-10th, 2018. To make an appointment for FREE and $30 SESSIONS, go towww.vanzantes.com, click on “Directory”, then “Calendar”, then click on the SLVHS logo to make an appointment. Book the day, time, and type of session that you desire. On the day of your session, The Van Zantes van will be set up at the front of the SLVHS campus.
- $300 SESSION and PACKAGE: one clothing change, choice of location and an opportunity for a student to personalize their portraits. We take 50-100 photos. You will view and choose your Yearbook image and print choices online. Also includes: 2-8x10s, 4-5x7s, 2-22 wallet packages from 2 poses. To make an appointment for the $300 PACKAGE AND SESSION call The Van Zantes at 831-761-8800.
Appointments are necessary. Payment due at session or online. Book NOW, as appointment dates and times fill up quickly.
For more information visit the website at www.vanzantes.com
Information will also be mailed to incoming seniors.
Congrats to our SLVHS Track Stars who competed in the State Finals last week.
Tiana Bumbaca-Kuehl, Maya McCabe, Audrey Parmenter, and Camryn Crouch!
A.P. United States History dressed up for their Famous American Biographies
New Tennis Courts Going in at SLVHS between the Pool and the Field!
Summer Drama Workshop at the SLV PAC!
Hooked On Theater’s Sound of Music Workshop June 18-July 22
Ages 7-17 Register online www.HookeonTheater.com 706-4249
Join SLVHS & MS Drama Teacher/Director Will Guilford in the Theater!
SLVUSD is NOW HIRING!
SLVUSD is now hiring for the following positions. Positions are permanent unless indicated. If you are interested, please apply on Edjoin, www.edjoin.org. Contact the Human Resources Department (336-5193) if you have questions about any of the openings.
Boulder Creek Elementary
Special Ed Instructional Assistant (part-time)
San Lorenzo Valley Elementary
Education Specialist Teacher (SDC)
Instructional Assistants (all part-time, hours vary according to position)
K-3 Music Enrichment Teacher (temporary year to year)
San Lorenzo Valley Middle School
Education Specialist Teacher (ED-SDC)
Secondary Dean of Students (Temporary)
San Lorenzo Valley High School
Spanish Teacher (Temporary-1st semester only)
Girls Varsity Basketball Coach (seasonal)
Girls Varsity Water Polo Coach (seasonal)
6th-8th Grade Integrated Arts Teacher (60%, temporary)
Mental Health Specialist (40%)
We are also looking for substitute custodians to work at all sites.
SLVHS Summer School Registration
SUMMER SCHOOL 2018 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
San Lorenzo Valley High School – June 19 – July 18, 2018
8:00 am – Noon. Monday- Thursday (No school on July 4 and July 5)
- The summer school/credit recovery program is available to eligible students who need to recover credits towards graduation or to stay on track for UC/CSU eligibility.
- Priority will be given to students who have failed a previous course with an “F” or “D” grade.
- Please see your student’s guidance counselor for additional information about the summer credit recovery program.
- The deadline for submitting registration requests will be Friday, May 20 to your counselor.
- Credit Recovery classes are not open to out of district students or incoming 9th grade students.
- PE Course 1 (one semester) is available to eligible 8th graders.
- Each class is worth 5 semester credits. 4 weeks = 1 semester course.
The following courses will be offered in the Credit Recovery program this summer:
- Math 1: Topics will include linear equations, one and two variables, graphing techniques for linear equations, systems of linear equations, exponential functions and graphing, geometry transformations. (May count for either semester 1 or 2)
- Math 2: Topics will include triangle congruence and similarity, trigonometry, surface area and volume, and quadratic equations. May count for semester 1 or 2
- Biology: Topics may include ecology, basic chemistry, cell structure, genetics, evolution and plant/animal anatomy and physiology. (May count for semester 1 or 2)
- On-line Credit Recovery (On-line curriculum–*Counselor will work with student in selecting course)
The following courses will be offered to students who qualify under specific conditions:
- PE Course 1 or 2 (Semester 1 or 2): Topics will include setting health and fitness goals, individual and team sports, cross fit and weight training. (Students qualify if they earned an “F” and must recover the credits for one semester in either PE Course 1 or 2. Students who are enrolled in AVID 9 or 10, or in EL / Reading Support, Directed Studies or one of the new Career Pathways programs may take this summer PE course. Incoming 9th grade students are eligible if space allows.
This is a reminder that San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District policy, as set by the Board of Trustees, declares that we are a fragrant-neutral district. As we begin to have our drama performances and other site-based activities and meetings, please take care to follow the policies below for the sake of the students and members of our community who are highly allergic to fragrances and scents.
The SLVUSD Board of Trustees adopted a California School Board Association policy to make all district classrooms and offices fragrant neutral. SLVHS has parents, students, and community members with respiratory issues who can have negative reactions to fragrances. Please take care to follow the policy while on campus.
Staff and students shall refrain from bringing furred or feathered animals, stuffed toys that may collect dust mites, scented candles, incense or air fresheners and from using perfume or cologne, scented hair spray, nail polish or nail polish remover that are not fragrance-free in classrooms or other enclosed areas or buildings.
Below are some helpful links and contact information for SLV High School students and parents:
SAN LORENZO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
Phone: (831) 335-4425
Fax: (831) 335-1531
Attendance Line: (831) 335-3646
San Lorenzo Valley High School Student of the Week