- Entrance Requirement: Age 18 OR high school diploma OR California Certificate of Proficiency
- Three types of programs are offered:
- Job preparation through occupational courses which may lead to a degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement
- Completion of Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degrees.
- University transfer courses leading to BA from a 4 year college. www.assist.org (for UC transferable classes)
Private Colleges & Universities
- Entrance requirements & expenses vary (check in the Career Center or on the Internet)
- Test Required: SAT I or ACT and possibly SAT Subject Tests
California State Universities & University of California
- Entrance Requirements: SAT I or ACT Exam
- Completion of the following courses in high school:
|A. Social Studies/History: World History, US History, Government, AP Government, Geography, AP US History||2 Years||2 Years|
|B. English: English Foundations, Honors English Foundations, World Literature, Honors World Literature, American Literature, AP Language & Composition, English Literature Themes, AP English Literature||4 Years||4 Years|
|C. Math: Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Math Analysis, AP Calculus, AP Statistics||3 Years|
4 Years Rec'd
4-5 Years Rec'd
|D. Science: (Life and Physical labs) Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Honors Physics, AP Biology, (AP Environmental Science – see “g”) *It is best to prepare for both the UC and the CSU by completing two laboratory courses from the “d” subject area||2 Years|
1 "D" or "G"
2 "D" Rec'd
3 Years "D" Rec'd
|E. World Language: (language other than English) Spanish 1, Spanish 2 Spanish 3, Spanish 4, French 1 French 2, French 3, French 4 (AP Spanish and AP French – when enrollment permits)||2 Years of Same Language||2 Years of Same Language
|F. Visual & Performing Arts: Art, Advanced Art, Band, Ceramics, Choir, Drama, Photography, ROP Computer Graphics, ROP Video||1 Year||1 Year|
|G. Visual & Performing Arts: Economics, Environmental Science, AP Environmental Science, Journalism, Oceanography, ROP Aquaculture 2, ROP Economics of Marketing, plus additional courses from the above a-f areas.||1 Year||1 Year|
Minimum grades of “C” or higher are required in a class to fulfill these requirements. Higher grades strongly recommended.
Maximum of 8 extra grade points awarded for approved honors, AP, and transferable community courses. No more than 2 yearlong courses taken in 10th grade can earn honors points.