We’re here to help with High School.
The Cougar Parent Club works to support and enhance the educational experience for all students at SLVHS. Parent Club members work with staff to decide which programs to support and how the fundraising dollars will be spent, and then we help bring those programs to life.
This is a club for SLVHS parents and all are welcome to join. The commitment level can be as much or as little as you’d like. We need your ideas, feedback and help to make SLVHS the best school it can be for our students.
HOW WE HELP SLVHS:
We raise approximately $20,000.00 through easy, passive FUNDRAISING METHODS. We can only continue to raise this much with your support. Please click on the link to make sure you know how you can help. The chart below shows how the money was spent last year. Help us decide what is most important for this school year by coming to our meetings, or emailing SLVHScougarclub@gmail.com.
Every second Thursday of the month at 6:30 in the SLVHS Staff Room. The monthly meetings are a great way to find out and influence what’s going on at the school. The Secretary and Treasurer provide their updates and then the Principal and Counseling reports are given. This is a great time to ask questions or provide feedback about current or proposed programs. Funding requests and new business are discussed. We try very hard to keep the meetings to an hour and a half.
- Service Award Application 2016
- Year at a Glance (Club Calendar)
- Minutes and Financial Reports
- Request for Funds Form
President – Jill Collen
Vice President – Richie Solomon
Treasurer – Lisa Anderson
Secretary – Kris Waller
Contact us: SLVHScougarclub@gmail.com
MORE ABOUT COUGAR CLUB:
- Whole School Support – While the Athletic , Arts and Drama booster clubs at SLVHS focus on specific sports or programs, Cougar Club has a broader purpose which is to raise and manage funds that support the entire school population. Parent Club often funds ad hoc requests from booster clubs for items they have trouble funding themselves.
- Parent Support – Part of our role is to support other parents during their students’ journey through High School. We do this by having a presence at Parent Events such as Back to School Night, Open House and Parent Meeting about College. We would like to start parent network groups using email, sharing information on college financing, college applications, parent issues pertaining to high school age kids etc. If you are interested, please email Jill Collen.
- Hospitality – The Hospitality Group are parents who provide food – salads, baked goods etc for special events. The group puts on a buffet for staff on the second Wednesday of the month.Please contact Dawn Townsend for further information.
- Tissue Drive – We invite parents to bring in boxes of tissues, hand sanitizer or disinfectant spray at Open House and Back to School Nights so we can supply the classrooms. All donations at other times are also welcome and supplies can be dropped off and left in the Staff Room.