SLVHS Graduation & High School Diploma Requirements
|SOCIAL STUDIES||30 Credits (3 Years) (Class of 2018-2019)
35 Credits (3.5 Years) (Class of 2015-2017)
|- World History||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- U.S. History or AP U.S. History||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- U.S. Government or AP U.S. Government||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|- Economics or AP Economics||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|- Geography||5 Credits (Class of 2015-2017)|
|ENGLISH||40 Credits (4 Years)|
|- English Foundations (9th Grade)||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- World Literature (10th Grade)||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- American Literature (11th Grade)||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- 12th Grade English (Modern Literature; AP English Literature; ERCW)||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|MATHEMATICS||30 Credits (3 Years)|
|- Must take 3 different math courses - (Including, at minimum, Math 1/ Algebra 1)||30 Credits (3 Years)|
|SCIENCE||30 Credits (3 Years)|
|- Biological Science||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- Physical Science||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- 3rd Year Science||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|WORLD LANGUAGE||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|PHYSICAL EDUCATION||20 Credits (2 Years)|
|- Physical Education 1 (Required)||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- Physical Education 2 or Sports PE||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- Through Class of 2016||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|- Class of 2017-2019||10 Credits (1 Year)|
|- Through class of 2016||50 Credits|
|- Class of 2017||45 Credits|
|- Class of 2018 -2019||40 Credits|
IMPORTANT POLICY INFORMATION:
- Students must also pass Math 1 or its equivalent in order to earn a high school diploma. – Contact your guidance counselor for specific information.
- Eligibility for participation in Athletic sports and before and after school Drama/Theater and Speech requires a 2.0 GPA and no F’s.
- Incomplete grades will automatically change to “F’s” after 10 school days.
- Report cards and transcripts will be held for any fees owed to San Lorenzo Valley High School or any other high school in California. Fees/Fines may only be cleared through the person to whom the fee/fine is due. The Registrar can only remove the fee from the computer and issue a report card upon the student/parent presenting written proof of payment.
- Changing classes: Students have the opportunity to request changes before each semester and up to 20 school days into the semester (although this length of time can be detrimental to one’s success in a class). We do not accept requests for teacher changes.
- Participation in before and after school sports teams earns elective credit. Two years on non-elective Physical Education must be completed as well.
- California High School Proficiency Exam: https://www.cde.ca.gov/