Sophomore Class Counselor: Jen Kelly
Sophomore Class Check List:
- Met with my counselor to review my Personal Learning Plan, which includes postsecondary plans and career goals.
- Reviewed the Junior and Senior calendars to help me plan my junior and senior years and keep my options open.
- Confirmed with my counselor that I am on track for fulfilling graduation requirements
- Planned for a junior and senior year that is challenging and provides opportunities to further explore my career interests, including ROP and/or Cabrillo courses.
- Joined honors clubs, service organizations, and/or clubs of interests.
- Taken the PSAT, or plan to take the PSAT in October of my junior year, and I am aware of web sites for practicing for the SAT and/or ACT.
- Registered for the spring SAT II (for UCs & some private colleges) if I am in Biology or Chemistry.
- Created a Naviance account to manage college and career goals.
- Completed the Career Interest Profile on Naviance.
- Completed Do What You Are on Naviance.
- Completed College Search on Naviance.
- Added colleges and careers to my list on Naviance.
- Begun developing a resume of my activities, academic honors, leadership positions, community service, and work.
- Completed Learning Styles Inventory on Naviance.
Multiple Intelligences & Interest Profiler Directions
Naviance Career Chart
California Career Zone
Regional Occupation Program (ROP)
SLVHS 15 Career Clusters
Estimated College Costs
College & Career Planning Websites