Want a Job while in High School?
Where can I find a Job?
- In our community there are many opportunities to work. Click here for a listing of businesses that have hired our students in the past. Call them up to see if they are currently hiring.
- I also encourage you to go around where you live to see if any businesses are hiring.
What do I do once I am offered a job?
- You need to complete a Work Permit for every job you have and these are valid for one year.
- Click here to print out a work permit. This will require your social security number, parents and employers signatures.
- After getting this filled out and signed, you bring this back to the SLVHS Counseling Office to complete the process
- Note: During the summer months and Winter Break, you may need to go to the District Office. Call the counseling office at 831-335-4721 to confirm this before going to the DO.
- Please be sure to turn in your work permit in the morning as it takes time to complete the process, but will be ready for pick up at the end of the day.
- Once you receive your typed, official work permit, you bring this back to your employer.
If you have any questions, please contact Charlotte Achen at firstname.lastname@example.org