College & Career Center
Phone: 831-335-4721 x215 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SLVHS College & Career Center empowers students to reflect on their talents and experiences, explore their college & career options in order to achieve their goals.
By working directly with students and collaborating with our counseling team, a broad array of partners, communities and networks, our center facilitates programs, activities and services that enable students to take ownership of their college & career decisions which will lead to meaningful professional lives.
College & Career Center Program’s and Services
- What is the Difference between SAT & ACT?
- College & Career Readiness Flowchart
- Affordable Online Colleges: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/affordable-online-colleges/
Services and Programs:
- Educational and occupational information for students, teachers, parents and the community
- In-class presentations related to course work
- Career speakers and college representatives on campus
- Aptitude and Interest Inventory testing (ASVAB and choices)
- Assessments on school-to-career Website
- Work permits
- Youth Employment Program bulletin board for advertisement of local jobs for high school youth
- Work Experience information
- Scholarship Resources
- College admissions general reference materials, financial aid information, and college handbooks
- College Applications (University of California, California State Universities and Common Application)
- SAT I, SAT II and ACT registration forms
- Computerized career and college information (Choices software program)
- Up-to-date military information
- Career pamphlets from business, industrial and governmental sources
- Vocational Ed, ROP, and apprenticeship information
- Foreign exchange information
- Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for middle and high schools that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
- Summer Programs/ College Information Sessions
- SAT Question of the Day