from Jeff Calden
Congratulations to the SLVHS students who competed in the SLV Rotary Speech Contest last night.
Students were asked to write a speech based around this year's theme: Serve to Change Lives.
All three students wrote and delivered excellent speeches that had something to say.
Lexi Lemus finished in first place and won $200 and the chance to move forward and speak at the regional level.
Ari Robins finished in second place and won $100, and Benjamin Jibaja Meza finished in third place and won $50.
Kudos to our Cougars who stepped up, took on a challenge, and created thought-provoking speeches on an important topic.
SLVHS Debate Team Wins Several Awards in First Competition
Congratulations to the SLVHS Debate Team, who competed in their first competition last weekend.
The Cougar team won several awards:
- Lorenzo Quick: 2nd place speaker in Lincoln-Douglas Value debate
- Joshua Gabrielson and Jon McClaren: 2nd place team in Public Forum debate
- Miles Hoogner: semifinalist team in Public Forum debate; 2nd place speaker in Public Forum
- Braedon Dysart: semifinalist team in Public Forum debate; 4th place speaker Public Forum
March 4-13, 2022
March 4, 5, 10, 11 and 12 @ 7:00 p.m.
March 6 and 13 @ 2:00 p.m
$20 General Admission
$15 Senior/Student/SLV Staff
Get your tickets for Little Shop of Horrors, with book & lyrics by Howard Ashman and music by Alan Menken. This sci-fi musical comedy is directed by Daria E. Troxell, with music and vocal direction by Nicki Kerns, and is presented at the SLV Performing Arts Center. The story begins when a meek floral assistant, Seymour Krelborn, stumbles across a new breed of plant, which he subsequently names "Audrey II" after his co-worker crush. This foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore promises unending fame and fortune to the down and out Krelborn, so long as he continues to feed it BLOOD. Over time, though, Seymour discovers Audrey II's out of this world origins and intent towards global domination!
More information and tickets available at SLV Theatre Boosters’ webpage: https://hs.slvusd.org/apps/
The SLVHS Winter Formal is TONIGHT - February 25th at Roaring Camp from 7:30 - 10:00 pm
Let's GLO! SLVHS Winter Formal 2022!
Schedule for the Week of February 28th to March 4th
ERA / O / E / O / E
|February 28||ERA Day||Early Release A - Dismissal 2:01 pm
Senior Picture 11:45 am Main Quad
Homework Help at the Felton Library Tuesdays 3:00 to 5:00 pm
The Felton Library is offering Homework Help in their Community Room for students up to grade 12. Bring your assignments to any FREE drop-in Homework Help session. Credentialed teacher John Schneider has 17 years of teaching experience. He looks forward to helping students deepen their understanding of content as well as providing the opportunity to become confident in practicing their study skills.Call 831-427-7713 for more information.
SLVHS Student Handbook
The SLVHS Student Handbook is attached to this email and available at this link: SLVHS Student Handbook
Parents and Students should review the handbook in order to be aware of the rules, policies, and important information to know about SLVHS.
Thank you in advance for knowing and understanding the information in the handbook.
Below are some helpful links and contact information for SLV High School students and parents
SAN LORENZO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
7105 Hwy 9, Felton, CA 95018
Phone: (831) 335-4425
Fax: (831) 335-1531
Attendance Line: (831) 335-3646
The 2022-23 School Year Calendar is out and attached to this email
Outside Support Contacts
Contact Information for anyone who may need help or support
- Suicide/ Talk Hotline: 1-877-663-5433 (831) 458-5300 1-800-273-8255
- Servicio para la Prevencion del Suicidio: 1-877-663-5433
- Santa Cruz Women's Health Center: (831) 427-3500, 250 Locust St, Santa Cruz
- Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, and Healthy Kids Health Ins. (831) 334-3395
- Teen Program and other resources at MCR (831) 335-6600
- Woman, Infants and Children: (831) 426-3911
- Together in the Park: MCR (831) 335-6600
- Salud Para La Gente (Watsonville) (831) 728-0222
- Rainbow Counseling: Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersexed, queer and questioning adults, youth, couples and their families. Santa Cruz: (831) 423-9444
- Santa Cruz Superior Court Self Help Ctr/Family Law Facilitator, Watsonville Law Ctr: (831) 722-2845
- Shelter Outreach Plus: (831) 384-3388
- National Alliance on Mental Health: 427-8020
- Diversity Center: 423-5422
- Health Service Agency, Alcohol and Drug Program: 454-5483
- Transgender Teen Project:427-4004
- Safe Schools Project: Ron Indra 427-4014
- The Camp Recovery Services: 800-924-2879