College & Career Center
Phone: 831-335-4721 x215 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SLVHS College & Career Center empowers students to reflect on their talents and experiences, explore their college & career options in order to achieve their goals.
By working directly with students and collaborating with our counseling team, a broad array of partners, communities and networks, our center facilitates programs, activities and services that enable students to take ownership of their college & career decisions which will lead to meaningful professional lives.
New for 2019: Cougar Points! (Click for more details on this new program)
- Local Scholarships & Search Tools
- Volunteer Service Information (including President's Volunteer Service Award)
- Private Tutor List
- Cabrillo College Information (Dual Enrollment & Running Start)
- Looking for a Job? Click here for a listing of Businesses that have hired our students in the past.
- A Federal Student Aid ID (For both Student & One Parent) - See Step One Below
- Student’s Social Security Number
- Parents 2018 Federal Income Tax Returns, W-2’s and other records of money earned.
- Bank Statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- Step One: Create your FSA ID (Both Parent and Student) by clicking here.
- Step Two: Starting October 1st, fill out your FAFSA by clicking here.
- Step Three: Make sure your FAFSA is signed at the end by yourself and your parent using the FSA ID
- Step Four: In the Spring, be sure to check your email and your College / Universities portal as their financial aid office will need more documents.
Services and Programs:
- Educational and occupational information for students, teachers, parents and the community
- In-class presentations
- Career speakers and college representatives on campus
- Assessments on school-to-career Website
- Work permits
- Youth Employment Program bulletin board for advertisement of local jobs for high school youth
- Scholarship Resources
- College admissions general reference materials, financial aid information, and college handbooks
- College Applications (University of California, California State Universities and Common Application)
- SAT I, SAT II and ACT registration forms
- Computerized career and college information (Choices software program)
- Up-to-date military information
- Career pamphlets from business, industrial and governmental sources
- Vocational Ed, ROP, and apprenticeship information
- Foreign exchange information
- Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for middle and high schools that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
- Summer Programs/ College Information Sessions
- SAT Question of the Day