SLVHS End of the Year Event Information
SLV Music & Art Festival at Roaring Camp Railroads - Wednesday, May 17th
SLV Music Boosters will be hosting our Second Annual SLV Music & Art Festival at Roaring Camp Railroads on May 17, 2023.
This event features students grades 5-12 and includes band, choir, and art. The gate opens at 4:00 and performances begin at 5:00.
We hope you will attend this community event and enjoy a fun night out with performances from each of the talented school music ensembles, a student art display, 6 food trucks, and a silent auction. The festival is free for everyone, but donations will be accepted to raise money for future field trips, music, instruments, and instrument accessories.
If you are able to donate an auction item or provide cash sponsorship to our silent auction, please fill out our silent auction donation form
SLVHS Open House - Thursday, May 18th - 5:30-7:00 pm
SLV High School Open House will be on Thursday, May 18th from 5:30 to 7:00 pm.
All parents and families are invited. If you can come by, please do. We look forward to seeing you.
There is a teacher directory with room numbers and a campus map attached to this email so you can find your way to your student’s classrooms.
We will also have copies available that night.
You do need to know who the teachers are, but you can get that on Schoology or have your student circle the names on the directory.
2023 OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE
5:30 pm in the Main Quad
Yearbooks for Sale on Site that Night
Visit Parent and Community Group Tables including: Grad Night, Theater Boosters, VAPA Department, Athletic Boosters, and the COE Community Advisory Committee
6:00-7:00 pm ALL CLASSROOMS OPEN
Art and Ceramics in the Multi-Purpose Room
Theatre, Music, and Choir in the Performing Arts Center
PE in the Gym
Hope to see you all there!
Class of 2023 Senior Trip!!!
When: Friday, May 19, 2023, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Where: California’s Great America
Cost:: Only $10! This includes your charter bus ride, admission, and lunch.
Students need to bring any other spending money they’d like for purchases at Great America.
Permission Slip is ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL
TO SIGN UP, SENIORS MUST BRING $10 AND THEIR PERMISSION SLIP TO THE COUNSELING OFFICE
- SENIORS WHO DO NOT ATTEND THE TRIP STILL NEED TO COME TO SCHOOL
- Check-in for the buses will be at 8:00 AM at the cafeteria parking lot; we will return to school at about 5:30 PM.
- In order to attend, you must turn in a permission slip. Read the rules carefully and understand that they will be strictly enforced. Your parent/guardian must sign it (even if you are 18 years old) and include a phone number where they can be reached during the day in case of an emergency. Turn in your permission slip to Jeannette in the counseling office.
- Permission Slip is attached to this email!
- When you turn in your slip you may sign up for a bus. There will be three buses going - sign-ups are first come first served. If you wish to travel with certain friends then bring in all of your groups’ permission slips together. Without the slip, you may not sign up for the bus. If we don’t have enough students to fill three buses we will need to cancel one or more buses in order to save money, and we need to let Great America know our numbers to order enough food. Therefore, it is important to sign up by Friday, May 12, as we will start canceling buses on May 12 at 3:00 PM. Students may not drive themselves. Everyone must travel by bus.
- You may bring food with you for the drive. The food must be in its original, store-bought sealed container. Your belongings will be checked prior to boarding the buses. All school rules will be enforced and this means you are not allowed to bring any illegal substances including tobacco, alcohol, vaping paraphernalia, drugs, etc.
Questions? Please contact Heather Troxell or Leslie Burns
Remember - Turn in your permission slip by May 12 to be guaranteed a spot!
May 22nd - Senior Checkout Week
On Monday, May 22nd all Seniors will be receiving their Senior Check Out Sheet.
During that week they will need to:
- Complete the Senior Exit Survey Google Form
- Return all Books, Chromebooks and any other Materials to the Library and you will need to pay any potential Library fees.
- Get Signatures from each of their current teachers
- Turn in the completed Check Out sheet to the SLVHS Counseling Office
In order for a Senior to receive their diploma on June 2nd, all of the above must be completed by June 1st.
Wednesday, May 24th - Department Awards - Given During the School Day
The SLVHS Departments will give Awards to students in each course Friday during school in the gym.
Invitations will be sent out to Students receiving awards. Family members are welcome to come and cheer them on.
9th Grade Ceremony begins at 8:05 AM
10th Grade Ceremony begins at 9 AM
11th Grade Ceremony begins at 10:20 AM
12th Grade Ceremony begins at 11:20 AM
Thursday, May 25th and Friday, May 26th - SENIOR FINALS
Seniors will take their final Final Exams on these two days.
Thursday is an O Day for 1st, 3rd, and 5th Finals
Friday is an E Day for 2nd, 4th, and 6th Finals
Thursday, May 25th - Senior Awards Night
6:00 to 7:30 pm in the SLVHS Gym
The Class of 2023 will be celebrated with Awards, Scholarships, and more at our annual Senior Awards Nights.
Students receiving Awards will be notified by mail and email with an invitation to attend.
Family members are welcome to come cheer them on. It is an awesome night that celebrates hard work and success.
Friday, May 26th - Flag Football Championships
3:30 to 5:30 pm on the SLVHS Football Field
Come see the four classes battle it out to see who is the Supreme Flag Football Champion of 2023
Monday, May 29th - NO SCHOOL MEMORIAL DAY
Enjoy the Day Off! Undergrads - Do Some Studying for your Finals!
Tuesday, May 30th - SENIOR SUNSET- 7:15 pm on the Football Field
Come enjoy a good meal with some good friends as all Seniors are invited to Senior Sunset on the Football field.
Cougar Club will be feeding our Seniors as they watch together as the sun sets on their time at SLVHS.
Tuesday, May 30th, Wednesday, May 31st, and Thursday, June 1st
Final Exams for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors
There are three days of underclass Final Exams:
Zero Period Finals are 7:00 to 7:50 am
All other Finals run from 8:00 to 9:55 am AND 10:15 am to 12:10 pm
Tuesday will be Zero Period, 2nd Period, and 3rd Period - in that order
Wednesday will be Zero Period, 5th Period, and 4th Period - in that order
Thursday will be 1st Period and 6th Period - in that order.
Seniors who need to make up any Final Exams will take their exams these days in the correct periods.
School will be dismissed at 12:10 each day. The cafeteria will provide food after Finals.
The Finals Schedule is Attached to this Email
Thursday, June 1st is the last day of School
Tuesday, May 30th, Wednesday, May 31st, and Thursday, June 1st
GRADUATION REHEARSALS on the Football Field
Bring your cap and tassel to practice.
Also recommended: sunscreen, water, hat, towel or something to sit on because the chairs get hot.
Practice #1 Tuesday, May 30th: 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Practice #2 Wednesday, May 31st: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Practice #3 Thursday, June 1st: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
Graduation is a formal event. You are not obligated to participate in the ceremony, but if you choose to do so, you MUST attend practices for the entire time.
This is so we can ensure that the ceremony goes well and you feel proud to have been part of this ceremony.
Failure to attend practices can result in you NOT being allowed to participate in the ceremony.
If you have a legitimate conflict please contact Mr. Calden as soon as possible.
Before the first REHEARSAL, decide with whom you will walk.
Anyone without a partner will be paired up that day. At rehearsal, we will determine seating.
Those of you who are participating in an individual way (speeches, songs, etc.) will need to sit in the first row and will have the opportunity to rehearse at the microphone.
PLEASE BE PROMPT! IF WE DON’T START ON TIME, WE STAY LATER!!!
Friday, June 2nd - 2023 SLVHS Graduation
SLVHS Football Field - 10:00 am
SLVHS does not issue tickets for Graduation and there is no limit on the number of guests.
We will allow families to sit on the turf field in designated areas - either on blankets, on the turf, or with sled-chairs only.
No Chair Legs or Canopies on the Field.
People may also use the bleachers or put up pop-ups on either side of the bleachers in designated areas.
WHAT TO WEAR FOR GRADUATION. Graduates MUST wear a red cap and gown or a black cap and gown. You may decorate your cap but not your gown. During the ceremony, only school-awarded medals, cords, and pins may be worn. A floral lei is also permitted. Inappropriate items (or YOU) may be removed from the ceremony. Gowns must be zipped up from the time we start walking to the field until the graduation ceremony is over.
Wedge shoes are OK, but NO HEELS due to damage they cause to our turf field
Email questions about attire in advance to Jeff Calden at [email protected]
THINGS NOT TO BRING
Air Horns and Silly String: Air Horns can hurt the ears of others and Silly String can cause damage to the turf field and is a giant mess that someone else has to clean up.
Shoes with heels: Graduates - heels can damage the track and the turf field.
Please wear flats or wedge heels. No exceptions.
REMEMBER -- ALL SCHOOL RULES ARE IN EFFECT!
Please do not attempt to take anything with you under your gown.
What might seem like fun at the time could prove to be very embarrassing if we have to pull you out of the procession at the last minute. You are all representing your very proud families on that day.
Agenda for Graduation Day, June 2, 2023
8:15 am Disabled Parking entry begins
8:30 am Family access to seating areas begins. This includes the field, bleachers, and
seating for the disabled on the track.
9:00 am Arrival of Graduates at Rooms E4 and E5
9:15 am Graduates begin to Line Up for Processional
9:50 am Processional begins- students walk up to the field
10:00 am Graduation Ceremony Begins
The Van Zantes Photography will photograph each student receiving their diploma, as well as posing with it. They will be uploaded to their website for you to view and purchase. Go to
www.vanzantes.com. Log in or Create an Account. Under Directory, Click on Graduation. Click on SLV 2023 Graduation. Please Contact 831-761-8800 with any questions.
Grad Night 2023
- Doors Open at 8:00 pm. All Seniors must arrive by 9:00 pm to be admitted.
- If you have yet to buy your ticket for this amazing event, click here. Tickets are $90
- All Seniors Attending must complete the Grad Night Code of Conduct before Grad Night. Get it in Soon!
- Here is the link to the Code of Conduct, you can also pick this up in the Counseling Office.