from Jeff Calden
End of Year Information
Today's Newsletter is FULL of End of Year Information for Students and Parents.
Please take the time to make sure you are informed and don't miss anything.
AP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ THIS!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR AP STUDENTS WHO COULD NOT SUBMIT OR HAD ISSUES WHILE TESTING.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A MAKEUP TESTING REQUEST BY SUNDAY, MAY 24 AT 3:00 PM PACIFIC TIME.
THAT IS TWO DAYS FROM NOW! REQUESTS SUBMITTED THROUGH THIS LINK: cb.org/requestmakeup
Next Week is Finals Week at SLVHS!
* Mon, May 25 – MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY – NO SCHOOL
* Tues, May 26 – Tuesday Special: Study, Review, meet with teachers if necessary
* Wed-Friday, May 27 – 29: ALL HS STUDENTS TAKE FINAL EXAMS
* Wed May 27 : Period 2, Period 3
* Thu May 28: Period 5, Period 4
* Fri May 29: Period 1, Period 6
* Work Completion, Finish Projects, Get your Grades up
* May 29th is the Last Day of scheduled Classes/Finals.
* May 29th is Book/Calculator/Chromebook Return day for SENIORS!!!
No Formal Classes Held Online this Week
*Graduation Car Parade will still be Friday, June 5th at 10 am
*Book Return / Calculator Return for non-Senior students
*Yearbook Distribution for all Students
*Teachers accepting make-up work and missed work to help raise grades
*Make-up finals can be held
*Student Conferences online as needed
*Teacher Office hours online as needed
|Book Return / Calculator Return / Chromebook Return and YEARBOOK Pickup|
Students will be required to bring any textbooks, novels, graphing calculators, and Chromebooks checked from SLVHS beginning on May 29th.
MASKS are Required for this as we will be handing stuff to each other in and out of your car.
Seniors must turn in all checked out items in order to participate in the car parade and receive a diploma.
What to Do?
- Bring your Library Statement with You. It was mailed and emailed to you last week
- If you lost something - look on your statement and please bring money or a check for what you lost
- This will be a Drive-Thru Return System
- Start in the Main Parking Lot in front of Counseling to get your Yearbook. Drive up, tell the nice person who greets you your name, and we will hand you your Yearbook.
- It's helpful and will make it faster for you if you know whether or not you ordered a personalized Yearbook with your name on the cover. Try to find out before you get there.
- Drive around back behind the pool. Please stop near the weight room and stay in your car.
- We will supply some hand sanitizer so you can wipe down your stuff - if you can bring your own wipes that would be great and make it quicker and easier for you.
- Pass your stuff out the window to staff who will be checking it off to make sure your list has all been returned.
- You will exit by driving up Overbeck Lane and out through the middle school - For seniors it's a bit of practice run for the Graduation Parade.
Graduation Plans for the SLVHS Class of 2020
We ARE having a LIVE Graduation Event on the Originally Scheduled Date and Time!
When: Friday, June 5, 2020, starting at 10:00 am
What: A graduation procession in cars (PLEASE, decorate the car if you’d like!)
Where: SLV Tri-Campus
Details: Seniors and their immediate families will drive onto the SLV Tri-Campus at the SLE entrance, and proceed to the back parking lot by the pool. There, each graduate’s name will be announced and the graduates will be handed their diplomas. Then the cars will continue to drive up Overbeck Way, and exit through the middle school back road. Current teachers and Staff from Kindergarten to Senior year will be invited to line the road (ten feet apart with masks) and cheer for you as you leave school and head out into the real world.
- One car per graduate and no RVs or limos because we are required to fit all cars on the tri-campus and not block up Hwy 9.
- Nobody may get out of the car during the procession. If you have someone with a restroom emergency during the parade, wave down a staff member for assistance.
- There will be NO OTHER CARS allowed on campus. All other entrances will blocked off and CLOSED
- Staff members who attend must be wearing masks and using the social distancing marks chalked on the asphalt.
- There are NO OTHER SPECTATORS ALLOWED on campus. Campus is CLOSED that day. Nobody may walk onto campus, drive onto campus, or in any way enter campus during the parade.
- The Sheriff's Department and CHP have generously volunteered to be there to help us that day
- These are required pieces of the plan put in place in order to have this event approved by Public Health and the Sheriff's Department.
We are ALSO Creating a Graduation Movie to Commemorate this Group of Seniors!
What: The creation of the Class of 2020 Graduation: The Movie
Where: SLV PAC
Details: Nearly every part of a regular graduation will be professionally filmed in our PAC, one piece at a time. National Anthem, Speeches, Musical Performances, one graduate at a time having their name read and walking across the stage, your professional photo taken holding your diploma, even somebody ringing the graduation bell.
UPDATE: The Graduation Movie has completed Filming and is now being edited. I have seen a rough cut and (Spoiler Alert) it looks pretty awesome!!!
Special Thanks to Kylan Thureockes for putting all of this together for us.
Please Send Your Payments for A.P. Tests to SLVHS - Information Below
Payment is now due to SLV High School
Students, you should log in to your College Board account, see how many tests you are taking and multiply that by $94.
If you are part of the free/reduced lunch program, your cost is $53/test.
Send a check made out to SLVHS, and put your (student's) first and last name in the memo line.
If your situation has changed and you and your family need financial support at this time, please contact Annina Hausmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address the envelope to:
San Lorenzo Valley High School
Attn: Annina Hausmann
7105 Highway 9, Felton, CA. 95015
SLVUSD is Accepting Applications for the Citizens' Oversight Committee for the Measure S Bond
The San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District is now accepting applications for the Citizens' Oversight Committee for the Measure S Bond that was passed in March 2020.
Please access the following web link for additional information:
SLV Food For Families
On Friday, April 17, 2020, SLVUSD and the SLV Foundation for Education launched SLV Food for Families to help families in SLV feed their children.
In one week the SLV Food for Families campaign raised over $14,000.00. This money will go to purchase grocery gift cards (as funds are available) for families currently on the SLVUSD Free & Reduced Lunch Program.
Who is Eligible to Receive Food Cards?
Any student who is enrolled in the SLVUSD Free/Reduced Lunch Program is eligible.
Families who are currently enrolled and are struggling to purchase food for their family may pick up a Safeway Card at the following Location:
Quail Hollow Campus,
325 Marion, Ave. Ben Lomond. Ca.
Friday, April 24, 2020 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Click the link below to apply to the SLV Free/Reduced Lunch Program
How You Can Help?
If you are currently employed, please consider helping the families in SLV feed their children. This is a disturbing time for all of us, but for those who are struggling to feed their children, it is terrifying. Please help us take care of our kids and our families for a better tomorrow for all of us.
If your company or business participates in matching donation programs, please consider supporting SLV Food for Families. Every penny of this money will go to SLVUSD families who are struggling.
Yearbooks are now only $85 instead of $90.
The Claw newspaper
The Claw newspaper is publishing online issues every two weeks.
Check out the May 15th issue at:
Online Distance Learning Schedule for the Week of: May 25-29
Memorial Day Holiday
Study, Review, Do Makeup Work
Meet online with teachers if necessary
0, 2, 3
Zero Period, 2nd Period, 3rd Period
5th Period, 4th Period
1st Period, 6th Period
Jeff Calden: Principal email@example.com
Danielle Winters: Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Amos: Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
Ellen Taylor: Attendance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Kitts: Technology Support: email@example.com
Rachel Oglive: Technology Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Burns: Counselor: email@example.com
Jen Kelly: Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Mitchell: Social/Emotional Counselor: email@example.com
Charlotte Achen: College/Career Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
SSC Health Department: https://www.santacruzhealth.org/Coronavirus
SCC Office of Education: www.sccoe.link/coronavirus
Here are some Santa Cruz County Social/Emotional Health Resources for those who may be Struggling during this Difficult Time
*Santa Cruz Police Department’s “You Are Not Alone”: Ongoing contact. Register at 831-420-5916 or email@example.com.
* Check-In & Chat volunteer-run conversation line: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily at 888-278-6704. Email Nicola@NandaJourneys.com to volunteer.
*United Way’s 2-1-1 resource hotline: Call 2-1-1 or 800-273-6222.
*Santa Cruz County Senior Network Services: 831-462-1433.
*Santa Cruz Behavioral Health Crisis Stabilization Program 24-Hour Hotline: 831-600-2800
*24-hour Suicide Prevention Crisis Line: 877-663-5433.
Below are some helpful links and contact information for SLV High School students and parents:
SAN LORENZO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
7105 Hwy 9, Felton, CA 95018
Phone: (831) 335-4425
Fax: (831) 335-1531
Attendance Line: (831) 335-3646
The Community Opportunity Link is provided as a courtesy for parents and students by the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District to receive information of current local events and other student opportunities. These opportunities range from scouting, sports, arts/drama, local community events, as well as other parent resources. In an effort to reduce paper, flyers will not be sent home to students; all approved flyers will be posted to this District-created website.