College, Career and Academic Counselor
Hello future Seahawk,
Have you planned your courses for the Fall semester? Do you have questions about your schedule? Need help getting ready for registration? Cabrillo counselors and staff are available to help!
Online Sessions (via Zoom) will be held for San Lorenzo Valley High School seniors. You will meet with a Cabrillo College Counselor or staff member for help with selecting your Fall 2020 Cabrillo courses and planning your schedule. Click on the date you would like to attend below and fill out the linked meeting registration form.
For questions/help contact Cabrillo Counselor, Claudia Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an individual counseling appointment, email email@example.com
6500 Soquel Drive | Aptos, CA 95003
Office 831.479.6539 | Appointment 831.479.6274 | Fax 831.477.5423
New Advanced Placement (A.P.) Testing Updates for Students and Families
AP Testing begins May 11th and concludes on May 22nd.
How Do I Pay for the Tests?
SLV High School is now accepting payment for AP Exams. Students, you should log in to your College Board account, see how many tests you are taking and multiply that by $94.
If you are part of the free/reduced lunch program, your cost is $53/test.
Send a check made out to SLVHS, and put your (student's) first and last name in the memo line. Address the envelope to SLVHS Attn: Annina Hausmann.
Payment is due to SLV High School by May 4th.
If your situation has changed and you and your family need financial support at this time, please contact Annina Hausmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
AP Art Students: Your Digital Art Submissions are due on Monday, May 11th.
Mrs. Thompson will then review them for you to make sure they are ready to be assessed.
AP Computer Science Students: Your Computer Performance Task must be turned into the AP Digital Portfolio by May 26th at 8:59 pm.
* Exams will be given from May 11–22.
* Makeup test dates will be available for each subject from June 1–5.
* Students can take exams at home or in schools, if they reopen.
* Each subject's exam will be taken on the same day at the same time, worldwide.
Tips and Information for Students and Families
* Scores should come out July 15
* Open book: open book, open internet but tests are designed so that there is no way an answer can come from the internet
* Kids will practice uploading materials with teachers soon
* Tests were written with the knowledge that most students will not finish all questions. Just do your best. You can still pass even if you don't answer all questions.
* It's recommended that parents plan a place in the house for testing. Other family members should not take the bandwidth. All distractions should be thought about ahead of time (siblings)
* Tests won't be harder or easier than any other year.
* They have sophisticated ways of finding cheaters. If it's proven that you tried to cheat, you are reported to college admissions people everywhere.
|Advanced Placement Test Schedules|
|9:00 AM||11:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Mon, May 11||AP Government and Politics|
|Tue, May 12||AP Calculus|
|Wed, May 13||AP English|
|Thu, May 14||AP Physics|
|Fri, May 15||AP U.S. History (APUSH)|
|Mon, May 18||AP Biology||AP Environmental Science (APES)|
|Tue, May 19|
|Wed, May 20||AP Language and Composition (APLAC)|
|Thu, May 21||AP French|
|Fri, May 22||AP Statistics||AP Spanish|