Effective July 1, 2021, eligible individuals may apply to their student's high school to change the letter grade on the student transcript to Pass or No Pass for courses during the 2020-21 school year.


AB-104 authorizes parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in a high school course during the 2020-21 school year (or students, if 18 years old or older) to request a grade change.  Schools are not allowed to limit the number or type of courses eligible for the grade change, and the grade change cannot negatively impact a student's grade point average.


 The application to request a grade change can be accessed HERE.

(Those requesting a grade change will have until August 31, 2021 to apply.) 


If your student attended SLVHS, please forward the grade change request or questions to Jeff Calden, Principal - [email protected]


Prior to Making Your Decision, Please Note

The list of post-secondary educational institutions in California that will accept Pass or No Pass grades on the student's transcript for admission purposes can be accessed HERE

Some post-secondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.)