from Jeff Calden
Next Week is Not a Normal Schedule
There is a backwards schedule next week with a Minimum Day on Friday.
Monday is an E Day. The Schedule is E / O / E / O / Minimum Day.
Students will be dismissed on Friday at 12:18 - Staff will be grading Senior Capstone Projects.
SLVHS Open House - Live and In-Person!
Thursday, April 28th5:30-7:00 pm
SLV High School Open House will be live and in-person on Thursday, April 28th from 5:30 to 7:00 pm.
All parents and families are invited.
If you can come by, please do. We look forward to seeing you.
There is a teacher directory with room numbers and a campus map attached to this email so you can find your way to your student’s classrooms.
You do need to know who your student's teachers are, but you can get that on Schoology or have your student circle the names on the directory.
We will also have students on campus who can direct you where to go if you have questions.
2022 OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE
5:30 pm In the Main Quad
- Fill out our 2022 Parent Survey & Win Money for SLV High School
- Yearbooks for Sale - $93- go to Jostens.com
- Visit Parent and Community Group Tables
6:00-7:00 pm ALL CLASSROOMS OPEN
- Art and Ceramics in the Multi-Purpose Room
- Theatre, Music, and Choir in the Performing Arts Center
- PE in the Gym
Hope to see you all there!
2022 SLV High School Prom Information
- Prom is on Friday, April 29 at the Coconut Grove Ballroom from 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Tickets will be on sale starting Monday, April 18 at lunch on the lawn side of the counseling office
- Tickets can also be purchased from Jeannette in the counseling office before school, brunch, and after school
- Tickets are $75 each
- Non-SLVHS students must have a guest permission slip completed and turned in to the admin office by Wednesday, April 27 at 3 PM in order to buy a ticket. One guest is allowed per SLVHS junior or senior
- Prom is on a minimum day - School is out at 12:18 pm that day
Please Read This Part Carefully - We want everyone who wants to go to Prom to be able to go - And we don't want anyone's Prom night ruined
- Students who are called in sick for any part of that day will not be able to attend Prom, due to COVID protocols of two positive tests during the 24-hour wait period after symptoms
- Students who cut any or all of school that day may not attend Prom
- Students who have outstanding detention need to clear their detentions between now and Prom in order to attend Prom
- Seniors must turn in their Senior Capstone Project before Prom in order to attend Prom
- Prom is a privilege, not a right. Please take care of your business and responsibilities
- Prom is an off-campus school event where all rules of school and the law apply
- Students in possession of or under the influence of drugs or alcohol will need to be picked up immediately and will face school and possible law enforcement consequences
- Please remember that Prom is designed to be a fun night with your friends. Be safe, have fun, make good choices.
Parent Survey 2022 - A chance for your feedback to earn money for our school! Please respond.
SLVUSD is looking to gather feedback from our families regarding our Academic, Communication, and Learning Environment goals.
We anticipate the survey will take from five to seven minutes to complete.
The valuable feedback that you submit will provide the district and the site with important information as we plan for the 2022-23 school year.
The survey will only be open from Friday, April 15th through Friday, April 29th.
Click here to take the survey
And here's a little something extra! This year there is a contest between our SLVUSD schools to see who can get the highest percentage of surveys completed.
And there is MONEY on the line!!!
Each school will receive additional site funds for student/teacher resources based on the percentage of parents that complete the survey for their site.
The breakdown for the financial incentive is as follows (percentage represents participation):
10% = $1,000
20% = $2,000
30% = $3,000
40% = $4,000
50% = $5,000
And, the site with the highest percentage of completed surveys will receive an additional $5,000!!!
Each site is ready for the challenge and believes that it will be their parents that will achieve the highest percentage of completed surveys.
Let's do this!!!! Give us your feedback, win some money for our school, and maybe some bragging rights as well!
Get Your Yearbook NOW - Before they are Sold Out!
Only 40 yearbooks left! Purchase now while supplies last @jostens.com for $93.
Summer School Enrollment is Open!
The Summer Learning Opportunities will run from Tuesday, June 14 - Thursday, July 14, 2022, from 8:30-12:30 (no classes Friday, June 17, 24, July 1, July 8, or Monday, July 4).
Course offerings are listed on the enrollment form. High school summer school is primarily for credit recovery.
Priority will be given to high school students that received a D or F in a previous course.
High School students should consult with their counselors prior to completing the enrollment form.
The deadline for submitting registration requests will be May 27, 2022.
San Lorenzo Valley Music and Art Festival on Wednesday, April 27th
SLV High School Music Boosters and Art Boosters invites our community to a fun evening of music and student art!
Despite a year and a half of online learning, the music program on all four SLV campuses grew.
We have so many students now that we no longer fit in the high school gym for our annual district wide concert!
We are excited to expand to our new venue at Roaring Camp and to include more of our community in this free event.
There is no need for cooking; we will have 2 dinner food trucks, Aunt Lali's ice cream truck, and Cruz Coffee on location from Food Trucks a Go Go.
Bring your chairs and picnic blankets as the event will be held outside on the grass meadow.
A silent and live auction will take place to help raise money for our growing music program.
Come show your support. Let's celebrate our talented students in our valley!
Schedule for the Week of April 25th-29th
E / O / E / O / Minimum Day
|April 25||E Day||Even Classes
Senior Capstone Projects Due
All Classes - 12:18 pm Dismissal
SLVHS Key Club Shares Earth Month Activities
To celebrate Earth Day, the SLVHS Key Club has devoted the entire month of April to environmental causes.
Please take a look at our Google Document to see what you can do to make a positive impact on our planet. Thanks!
After-School Teacher Support Sessions
Homework Help at the Felton Library Tuesdays 3:00 to 5:00 pm
The Felton Library is offering Homework Help in their Community Room for students up to grade 12. Bring your assignments to any FREE drop-in Homework Help session. Credentialed teacher John Schneider has 17 years of teaching experience. He looks forward to helping students deepen their understanding of content as well as providing the opportunity to become confident in practicing their study skills.Call 831-427-7713 for more information.
Below are some helpful links and contact information for SLV High School students and parents
SAN LORENZO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
7105 Hwy 9, Felton, CA 95018
Phone: (831) 335-4425
Fax: (831) 335-1531
Attendance Line: (831) 335-3646
Outside Support Contacts
Contact Information for anyone who may need help or support
Should you be experiencing a mental health crisis please contact:
1-877-663-5433 24 hour crisis line for support
831-458-5300 Local 24 hour crisis line for support
- Suicide/ Talk Hotline: 1-877-663-5433 (831) 458-5300 1-800-273-8255
- Servicio para la Prevencion del Suicidio: 1-877-663-5433
- Santa Cruz Women's Health Center: (831) 427-3500, 250 Locust St, Santa Cruz
- Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, and Healthy Kids Health Ins. (831) 334-3395
- Teen Program and other resources at MCR (831) 335-6600
- Woman, Infants and Children: (831) 426-3911
- Together in the Park: MCR (831) 335-6600
- Salud Para La Gente (Watsonville) (831) 728-0222
- Rainbow Counseling: Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersexed, queer and questioning adults, youth, couples and their families. Santa Cruz: (831) 423-9444
- Santa Cruz Superior Court Self Help Ctr/Family Law Facilitator, Watsonville Law Ctr: (831) 722-2845
- Shelter Outreach Plus: (831) 384-3388
- National Alliance on Mental Health: 427-8020
- Diversity Center: 423-5422
- Health Service Agency, Alcohol and Drug Program: 454-5483
- Transgender Teen Project:427-4004
- Safe Schools Project: Ron Indra 427-4014
- The Camp Recovery Services: 800-924-2879