from Jeff Calden
Congratulations to our 2022 SLV High School Valedictorians and Salutatorians!
GRAD NIGHT 2022
Seniors buy your ticket soon (online) or from Jeannette in Counseling) for Grad Night!
Activities included with your ticket include: Money Booth, Mechanical Bull, Casino Games, Taco Truck, FREE Prizes, and much more.
Check out the Grad Night Promo Video here.
Seniors, Purchase your Grad Night Ticket Here
Schedule for the Week of May 23rd - May 27th
ERA / O / E / O / E
|May 23||ERA Day||Early Release A Day - Dismissal 2:01
Flag Football Tournament 3:30 pm
Senior Awards Night 6:00 pm
Department Awards Assemblies during School Day
The SLVHS Big End of the Year Event Calendar
Thursday, May 26th - Flag Football Championships
3:00 to 5:00 pm on the SLVHS Football Field
Come see the four classes battle it out to see who is the Supreme Flag Football Champion of 2022
Thursday, May 26th - Senior Awards Night
6:00 to 7:30 pm in the SLVHS Gym
The Class of 2022 will be celebrated with Awards, Scholarships, and more at our annual Senior Awards Nights.
Students receiving Awards will be notified by mail and email with an invitation to attend.
Family members are welcome to come cheer them on. It is an awesome night that celebrates hard work and success.
Friday, May 27th - Department Awards - Given During the School Day
The SLVHS Departments will give Awards to students in each course Friday during school in the gym.
Family members are welcome to come and cheer them on.
Freshmen: 8:05 to 8:50 am
Juniors: 9:05 - 9:55 am
Seniors: 10:25 - 11:15 am
Sophomores: 1:00 - 1:55 pm
Monday, May 30th - NO SCHOOL MEMORIAL DAY
Enjoy the Day Off! Seniors - Do Some Studying!
Tuesday, May 31st and Wednesday, June 1st - SENIOR FINALS
Seniors will take their final Final Exams on these two days.
Tuesday is an O Day for 1st, 3rd, and 5th Finals
Wednesday is an E Day for 2nd, 4th, and 6th Finals
Thursday, June 2nd - SENIOR TRIP and SENIOR SUNSET
Seniors are heading to Six Flags in Vallejo
When: Thursday, June 2, 2022, 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM, then Senior Sunset dinner at the football field from 7 PM - 8:30 PM.
Where: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Cost:: $25 - This includes charter bus, admission to Six Flags, lunch, refillable beverage bottle, snack, as well as dinner at Senior Sunset).
Students need to bring any other spending money for purchases at Six Flags.
- Check-in for the buses will be at 7:30 AM at the cafeteria parking lot; we will return to school at about 7 PM.
- In order to attend, you must turn in the permission slip (the permission slip is attached to this email). Read the rules carefully and understand that they will be strictly enforced. Your parent/guardian must sign it (even if you are 18 years old) and include a phone number where they can be reached during the day in case of an emergency. Turn in your permission slip to Jeannette in the counseling office.
- When you turn in your slip you may sign up for a bus. There will be three buses going - sign-ups are first come first served. If you wish to travel with certain friends, bring all of your groups’ permission slips together. Without the slip, you may not sign up for the bus. If we don’t have enough students to fill three buses we will need to cancel one or more buses in order to save money, and we need to let Six Flags know our numbers to order enough food. Therefore, it is important to sign up by May 18, as we will start canceling buses on May 18 at 3:00 PM. Students may not drive themselves. Everyone must travel by bus.
- You may bring food with you for the drive to Vallejo. The food must be in its original, store-bought sealed container. Your belongings will be checked prior to boarding the buses. All school rules will be enforced and this means you are not allowed to bring any illegal substances including tobacco, alcohol, vaping paraphernalia, drugs, etc.
Questions? Please contact Mrs. Hackett
Remember - turn in your permission slip by May 18 to be guaranteed a spot!
Friday, June 3rd, Monday June 6th, and Tuesday June 7th
Final Exams for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors
There are three days of underclass Final Exams:
Zero Period Finals are 7:00 to 7:50 am
All other Finals run from 8:00 to 9:55 am AND 10:15 am to 12:10 pm
Friday will be Zero Period, 2nd Period, and 3rd Period - in that order
Monday will be Zero Period, 5th Period, and 4th Period - in that order
Tuesday will be 1st Period and 6th Period - in that order.
Seniors who need to makeup Final Exams will take their exams these days in the correct periods.
School will be dismissed at 12:10 each day. The cafeteria will provide food after Finals.
The Finals Schedule is Attached to this Email
Tuesday, June 7th is the last day of School
Friday, June 3, Monday, June 6, and Tuesday, June 7: GRADUATION REHEARSALS on the Football Field
THIRD REHEARSAL ADDED ON FRIDAY, JUNE 3
Bring your cap and tassel to practice. Also recommended: sunscreen, water, hat, towel/something to sit on because the chairs get hot.
Practice #1 Friday, June 3, 10:00 - 12:00
Practice #2 Monday, June 6, 10:30 am –12:30 pm
Practice #3 Tuesday, June 7, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Graduation is a formal event. You are not obligated to participate in the ceremony, but if you choose to do so, you MUST attend all practices for the entire time.
This is so we can ensure that the ceremony goes well and you feel proud to have been part of this ceremony.
Failure to attend both practices will result in you NOT being allowed to participate in the ceremony. If you have a legitimate conflict please contact Mrs. Hackett.
Before the first REHEARSAL, decide with whom you will walk. Anyone without a partner will be paired up that day. At rehearsal, we will determine seating.
Those of you who are participating in an individual way (speeches, songs, etc.) will need to sit in the first two rows and will have the opportunity to rehearse at the microphone.
PLEASE BE PROMPT! IF WE DON’T START ON TIME, WE STAY LATER!!!
Wednesday June 8 - Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony - SLVHS Football Field - 10:00 am to 11:00 am
SLVHS is planning for a full graduation with no limits on guests. We hope as much as you do that this does not change.
We will allow families to sit on the field in designated areas either on blankets on the turf or with sled-chairs only. No Chair Legs or canopies on the Field.
People may also use the bleachers and put up pop-ups on either side of the bleachers in designated areas.
We are hoping for an old-fashioned graduation like been to - or been in - before at SLVHS.
WHAT TO WEAR FOR GRADUATION. Graduates MUST wear a red cap and gown or a black cap and gown. You may decorate your cap but not your gown. During the ceremony, only school-awarded medals, cords, and pins may be worn. A single floral lei is also permitted. Inappropriate items (or YOU) may be removed from the ceremony. Gowns must be zipped up from the time we start walking to the field until the graduation ceremony is over.
Wedge shoes are OK, but NO HEELS due to field conditions.
Email questions about attire in advance to Mrs. Hackett: [email protected]
REMEMBER -- ALL SCHOOL RULES ARE IN EFFECT! Please do not attempt to take anything with you under your gown.
What might seem like fun at the time could prove to be very embarrassing if we have to pull you out of the procession at the last minute.
You are representing your very proud families today!
Agenda for Graduation Day, June 8, 2022
8:15 am Disabled Parking entry begins
8:30 am Family access to seating areas begins. This includes the field, bleachers, and seating for the disabled on the track.
9:00 am Arrival of Graduates at Rooms E4 and E5
9:15 am Graduates begin to Line Up for Processional
9:50 am Processional begins- students walk up to the field
10:00 am Graduation Ceremony Begins
THINGS NOT TO BRING
Air Horns and Silly String: Air Horns can hurt the ears of others and Silly String can cause damage to the turf field and is a giant mess that someone else has to clean up.
Shoes with heels: Graduates - heels can damage the track and the turf field. Please wear flats or wedge heels. No exceptions.
GRADUATION PHOTOGRAPHS: Van Zantes Photography will photograph each student receiving their diploma.
Information about ordering photos will be included in the graduation program and the diploma envelope.
Please contact Claire Hackett ([email protected]) with any questions.
Silicon Valley Leadership Conference for Current Juniors
Are you interested in learning about business-related skills and getting some experience that you can utilize after high school?
The SLV Rotary is sponsoring two students this year to attend, for free, the Silicon Valley Enterprise Leadership Conference Aug 3-4 (virtual) and Aug 5 (In Person at West Valley College in Saratoga).
Summer School Enrollment is Open!
The Summer Learning Opportunities will run from Tuesday, June 14 - Thursday, July 14, 2022, from 8:30-12:30
(no classes Friday, June 17, 24, July 1, July 8, or Monday, July 4).
Course offerings are listed on the enrollment form. High school summer school is primarily for credit recovery.
Priority will be given to high school students that received a D or F in a previous course.
High School students should consult with their counselors prior to completing the enrollment form.
The deadline for submitting registration requests will be May 27, 2022.
Below are some helpful links and contact information for SLV High School students and parents
SAN LORENZO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
7105 Hwy 9, Felton, CA 95018
Phone: (831) 335-4425
Fax: (831) 335-1531
Attendance Line: (831) 335-3646
Outside Support Contacts
Contact Information for anyone who may need help or support
Should you be experiencing a mental health crisis please contact:
1-877-663-5433 24 hour crisis line for support
831-458-5300 Local 24 hour crisis line for support
- Suicide/ Talk Hotline: 1-877-663-5433 (831) 458-5300 1-800-273-8255
- Servicio para la Prevencion del Suicidio: 1-877-663-5433
- Santa Cruz Women's Health Center: (831) 427-3500, 250 Locust St, Santa Cruz
- Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, and Healthy Kids Health Ins. (831) 334-3395
- Teen Program and other resources at MCR (831) 335-6600
- Woman, Infants and Children: (831) 426-3911
- Together in the Park: MCR (831) 335-6600
- Salud Para La Gente (Watsonville) (831) 728-0222
- Rainbow Counseling: Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersexed, queer and questioning adults, youth, couples and their families. Santa Cruz: (831) 423-9444
- Santa Cruz Superior Court Self Help Ctr/Family Law Facilitator, Watsonville Law Ctr: (831) 722-2845
- Shelter Outreach Plus: (831) 384-3388
- National Alliance on Mental Health: 427-8020
- Diversity Center: 423-5422
- Health Service Agency, Alcohol and Drug Program: 454-5483
- Transgender Teen Project:427-4004
- Safe Schools Project: Ron Indra 427-4014
- The Camp Recovery Services: 800-924-2879